Skip to content
Gunde Ka Aachar | Lasode Ka Aachar | Rajasthani Gunda Pickle Recipe
- Gunde – 3 kgs ( take according to your need )
- keri (raw mango) – 1.5 kgs
- Pickle spice – 300 grams (this is availabel in market , easily you can buy)
- Red chilli powder – 5 spoons (medium)
- Fenugreek seeds – 150 grams
- Fennel seeds – 100 grams
- Turmeric powder – 3 spoons (medium)
- kalonji (black cumin) – 3 to 4 spoons (medium)
- Asafoetida (hing) – 2 to 3 teaspoon
- Salt – 3 spoons (medium)
- Oil – 2 to 2.5 litres (i have taken this much of oil for 4.5 kg of pickle)
- Wash gunde and raw mango nicely and keep them on cotton cloth to make them dry completely.
- When washing gunde dopn’t remove the sticks while washing,otherwise it will get sticky.
- Remove sticks after gunde gets dry completely.
- Place the woke on the gas and add 150 grams of fenugreek seeds and dry roast this till it gets golden brown.
- After fenugreek seeds gets dry roasted , add 100 grams of fennel seeds now dry roast these same as fenugreek seeds.
- Now i have placed a big utensil on the gas , i am making 4.5 kgs of oickle so i need big utensil ,you can take utensil according to your quantity.
- Now adding oil , i am using refined groundnut oil in this you can also use mustard oil for the pickle.
- Now,after oil is heated i am adding 2 to 3 teaspoons of asafoetida in oil.
- And now i will add all the gunde in oil for frying.
- Add oil in sufficient quantity so that when you will fill jar it will be completely submerged in oil and at that time youy don’t have to add more oil at that time.
- keeping sufficient oil in this pickle will make it lasts for whole year.
- Now after frying gunde for 10 minutes , i will set the gas flames on medium we don’t have to overfry it , we don’t want to make it soft while frying.
- after frying it for 10 minutes it’s colour will change a bit , now add raw mango in it.
- stir it now,and now i will add other spices.
- now i will add 3 to 4 spoons of black cumin,roasted fennel seeds,roasted fenugreek seeds.
- keep gas flames on medium.
- now,adding pickle spice in it.
- now,mix it nicely.
- now,i have turned off the gas , oil is heated so all the spices will nicely mixed in this,so there is no need to turn on the gas,keeping gas on for long can make spices black in colour.
- now i will mix spices from our side.
- i will add red chilli powder , turmeric powder and salt.
- now mix it properly.
- add sufficient quantity of oil otherwise fungus can be formed on pickle.
- now pickle is ready after it gets cool down , fill this in completely dry jar and don’t use wet spoon.
- after 15 to 20 days it will be completely ready to eat.