Skip to content
Dosa Idli Batter Recipe | डोसा बेटर बनाने की विधि | Homemade Dosa Idli Batter
Ingredients For Homemade Dosa Batter :
- 750 grams of dosa rice (which is easily availabel in market)
- 350 grams of urad dal (dhuli )
- Salt – 2 teaspoon
Preparation Of Dosa Batter :
- Mix 750 grams of dosa rice and 350 grams of urad dal (dhuli) or gram together.
- Soak this mixture of both in water and keep it soaked for whole night.
- And if you don’t have measuring cups at home , simply take a small bowl.
- Take 3 bowls of dosa rice , and add 1.5 bowl of urad dal in it , this is how you can measure the proportion of both.
- Now, take out the soaked dosa rice and urad dal mixture.
- And add this in a grinder jar to make batter out of it.
- Add little bit water in it so that it easily gets grinded.
- Now,take out the batter from the jar keep it bit thick.
- Now add 2 teaspoon of salt in it.
- Mix it nicely.
- Now, after mixing put this batter in a warm place after covering it with lid.And if you have microwave at home,then put this batter inside microwave(in off state).
- Take a big utensil because when it will get fermented , it will become twice in quantity so take a big utensil.
- Now,after 5 to 6 hours later our batter will be fermented and becomes twice in quantity and thick.
- If you are making dosa you have to make it thin a bit and if you are making idli from the batter don’t make it thin.
- So , friends our dosa batter is ready.