Chana Dal Rice Kabuli | Traditional Rice Kabuli | Jodhpuri Chana Dal Kabuli | Rice Kabuli Recipe
- Basmati rice (soak in water) – 250 grams
- Split chickpeas or chana dal (soak in water for 15 to 20 minutes) – 50 grams.
- Mint leaves – some mint leaves
- oil – 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Raisins – some raisins
- Coriander seeds – 1 to 2 teaspoon
- Homemade garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli – 1 (chopped)
- Clarified butter – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves – some of it
- Tomatoes (cut in ring shape) – 1 to 2
- Onions (cut in round slices) – 1
- Bay leaf – 1 to 2
- Cloves – 1 to 2
- Green cardamom – 1 to 2
- Black pepper – 2 to 3
- Whole dry red chilli – 1 to 2
- Firstly i will boil split chickpeas or chana dal in pressure cooker first,which i have soaked in water for 10 to 12 minutes (i will boil this for 2 to 3 whistles of pressure cooker)
- Now place woke on gas and add around 3 tbsp of oil , because i will fry onions rings in it.
- After frying onions , when they get golden brown texture take them out and keep it aside.
- Now in the same woke i have taken out extra oil and now only 2 tbsp of oil is there in the woke now.
- Now add bay leaf , whole red dry chilli , cloves , black pepper and green cardamom , when oil gets heated.
- Now i will add some onions in it , now after our onion gets golden brown
- Add 2 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste in it
- And also 1 green chilli chopped in it
- Now add 1/2 teaspoon of of homemade garam masala for flavours
- Mix it well now
- Now add our boiled split chickpeas or chana dal in it
- After mixing it for 1 minute add 2 teaspoon of salt in it , and mix it well soon
- Now, add our basmati rice in it which i kept soaked in water for 10 to 12 minutes
- Now add 2 to 2.5 cups of water in woke, to completely submerge the rice in water , so that rice can cook perfectly
- Taste this water after stirring it , this should be little bit high on salt side so that when our kabuli cooks completely the salt will automatically becomes perfectly balanced in kabuli
- When water starts boiling add some raisins in it
- Now put the gas flames on low and put lid on woke and let it cook for 8 to 9 minutes
- After 8 to 9 minutes remove the lid , you will see rice and split chickpeas are perfectly cooked
- Now put the tomato ring that we cutted on our kabuli evenly, i have not added inside it because i want rice to be white in colour
- Now sprinkle coriander seeds on it
- Now sprinkle the onion rings we have fried in starting
- After that sprinkle pinch of garam masala on it
- Now add 1 to 2 teaspoon of clarified butter on it, it will enhance the taste of kabuli
- And then, sprinkle some fresh mint leaves and frsh coriander leaves on it
- Now our chana dal kabuli is ready
If you like my recipe then subscribe to my you tube channel also share this recipe with your friends and family.
Roti, Phulka, Chapati Recipe – How to Make Soft Chapati – How To Make Indian Bread
- Wheat flour – take according to your family members at home
- Clarified butter – 1 teaspoon
- Take wheat flour in a utensil and now start kneading it by adding little little amount of water in it.
- Don’t add water in once add in little gap and keep kneading.
- After adding water in little gaps,we have knwaded the flour and wheat flour dough is ready.
- Now sprinkle little bit of water on the dough and again knead it,this will make it more soft.
- Dough for roti ,chapati or indian bread should be always soft then only you can make soft and fluffy chapati.
- Now,add 1 teaspoon of clarified butter or ghee in the utensil,you can also use oil if you want then roll it over the clarified butter and again knead a bit.
- This will make our dough more softer.
- Now our dough is ready , let’s make chapati’s from it now.
- Place the tawa on the gas and let it heat.
- Well now take a medium chunk of dough and roll in hands in circular motion.
- Dip it in dry wheat flour then put it on flat surface and press roll it and give it a circle shape.
- Now after doing this put the chapati on tawa,when bake fron one side flip itand let it bake from other side as well.
- Now remove the tawa from the flames and put our chapati directly on flames.
- Now,you will see how perfectly chapati will blown.
- Bake it nicely from both the sides on the flames.
- Our soft and fluffy chapati is ready now.
If you like my recipe subscribe to my you tube channel also and share recipe with your friends and family.
Masala Dosa | How To Make Masala Dosa | Crispy Dosa Recipe | Oil Free Crispy Dosa
I have already told you all about dosa batter in previous article or recipe of mine you can check out in homemade section of the website.
Ingredients For Masala Dosa :
- 1 kg potato (boiled and mashed).
- 2 big onions (chopped).
- Oil – 3 tbsp.
- 2 green chillies (finely chopped).
- Some curry leaves.
- Mustard Seeds – 1.5 teaspoon.
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon.
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon.
- Salt – according to tatse.
- Dry mango powder – 1 teaspoon.
Preparation Of Masala Filling :
- Place woke on the gas and add 3 tbsp of oil and let it heat.
- After oil heats add 1.5 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds starts crackling add some curry leaves in it.
- Now,add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder in it.
- And after that add 1 kg of boiled and mashed potato in woke.
- Mix it well now , turmeric powder will give good colour to the dosa filling.
- Now, when turmeric powder is mixed well with potato add 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Then add 2 finely chopped green chillies in it.
- Now,mix well.
- Now, add chopped onions in the filling and again mix well.
- Now,add salt to taste and dry mango powder – 1 teaspoon , mix well.
- Now,add some coriander leaves and our filling or masala of dosa is ready.
Preparation of Masala Dosa :
If you want to learn to make dosa batter at home , you can read my last post of homemade dosa batter in my website’s homemade section.
- First , we will make our dosa batter little bit thin , thick batter is used for idli.
- Take a portion of batter in seperate utensil and add little bit of water in it ,stir it.
- Now batter is thin and ready to make dosa.
- Take a non stick tawa or pan it does’nt need oil , so it’s oil free dosa if you don’t have tawa like this then you can also rub onion on it or use little bit of oil.
- Now put 2 spoons (medium) of batter on the tawa and move in a circular motion with spoon , without lifting spoon.
- Let it cook from one side.
- When it gets cooked from one side it’s corners will rise leaving tawa you can simply now flip it.
- After getting cooked from other side as well fill our masala or filling in the centre and fold it.
- And our crispy dosa is ready.
- Serve it with coconut dip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foBTERXmtyw and sambhar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JAWXd9Xr4U and to check recipe of these two you can click on these links of my you tube channel.